Introduce Yourself: Name

Question: What’s your name?

Answers:

  • My name is …/ I’m …
  • My full/ first/ last name is …
  • You can call me …/ They call me …/ Please call me …/ Everyone calls me …
  • My nick name is …

Self Introduction: Country

Questions:

Where are you from?/ Where do you come from?

Where were you born?

Answers:

  • I’m from …/ I hail from …/ I come from …/ My hometown is …/ I’m originally from … (country)
  • I’m … (nationality)
  • I was born in …

Introduce Yourself: Address

Question: Where do you live?/ What’s your address?

Answers:

  • I live in … / My address is … (city)
  • I live on … (name) street.
  • I live at …
  • I spent most of my life in …
  • I have lived in … for/ since …
  • I grew up in …

Self Introduction: Age

Question: How old are you?

Answers:

  • I’m … years old.
  • I’m …
  • I’m over/ almost/ nearly …
  • I am around your age.
  • I’m in my early twenties/ late thirties.

Introduce Yourself: Family

Questions:

How many people are there in your family?

Who do you live with?/ With whom do you live?

Do you have any sibling?

Answers:

  • There are … (number) people in my family. They are …
  • There are … (number) of us in my family.
  • My family has … (number) people.
  • I live with my …
  • I am the only child.
  • I don’t have any siblings.
  • I have … brothers and … (number) sister.

Self Introduction: Birthday/ Phone number

Questions:

What is your date of birth?/ When is your birthday?

What is your phone number?

Answers:

  • My birthday is on …
  • My phone number is …

Introduce Yourself: Jobs

Questions:

What do you do?/ What do you do for living?/ What’s your job?/ What sort of work do you do?/ What line of work are you in?

What did you want to be when you grew up?

Answers:

  • I am a/ an …
  • I work as a/ an …
  • I work for (company) … as a/ an …
  • I’m unemployed./ I am out of work./ I have been made redundant./ I am between jobs.
  • I earn my living as a/ an …
  • I am looking for a job. / I am looking for work.
  • I’m retired.
  • I would like to be a/ an …/ I want to be a/ an …
  • I used to work as a/ an … at … (places)
  • I just started as … in the … department.
  • I work in/at a … (places)
  • I have been working in … (city) for … years.
  • Self Introduction: Hobbies

    Questions: 

    What’s your hobby?/ What do you like?/ What do you like to do?/ What’s your favorite … ?

    Answers:

    • I like/ love/ enjoy/ … (sports/ movies/ …/)
    • I am interested in …
    • I am good at …
    • My hobby is …/ I am interesting in …
    • My hobbies are …/ My hobby is …
    • My favorite sport is …
    • My favorite color is …
    • I have a passion for …
    • My favorite place is …
    • I sometimes go to … (places), I like it because …
    • I don’t like/ dislike/ hate …
    • My favorite food/ drink is …
    • My favorite singer/ band is …
    • My favorite day of the week is … because …

    Because: (self introduction sample)

    • there are many things to see and do
    • This is one of the most beautiful places I have been visited.
    • I can relax there
    • it’s relaxing/ popular/ nice/ …

    Hobbies – Free time activities for self introduction.

    • Reading, painting, drawing
    • Playing computer games
    • Surfing the Internet
    • Collecting stamps/ coins/ …
    • Going to the cinema
    • Playing with friends
    • Chatting with best friends
    • Going to the park/ beach/ zoo/ museum/ …
    • Listening to music
    • Shopping, singing, dancing, travelling, camping, hiking, …

    Movies: action movie, comedy, romance, horror, document, thriller, cartoons, …

    Sports: volleyball, badminton, tennis, yoga, cycling, running, fishing, …

    Questions: What do you like doing your free time?/ What do you do in your spare time?

    Answers:

    • In my free time, I like …
    • I like … when I’m free.
    • At weekends I sometimes go to … (places)

    Introduce Yourself: Education

    Questions:

    Where do you study?

    What do you study? / What is your major?

    Answers:

    • I’m a student at … (school)
    • I study at …/ I am at …/ I go to … (school)
    • I study … (majors)
    • My major is …

    Majors in English: accounting, advertising, arts, biology, economics, history, humanities, marketing, journalism, sociology, philosophy, …

    Questions:

    Why do you study English?

    Do you speak English?

    How long have you been learning English?/ How long have you learned English?

    Answers:

    • I study English because …
    • I can speak English very well.
    • I’ve been learning English for/ since …
    • I can express myself and communicate in English.

    Because: (self introduction sample)

    • I like it a lot
    • I love it.
    • I think it’s important
    • I have to
    • It’s very important and necessary.
    • I want to learn more about this language.
    • I love to improve my English skills.

    Questions:

    Which grade are you in?

    Which year are you in?

    • I’m in … grade.
    • I’m in my first/ second/ third/ final year.
    • I am a freshman.
    • I graduated from …/ My previous school was …

    Question: What’s your favorite subject?

    Answers:

    • My favorite subject is …
    • I am good at … (subjects)

    Subjects: Maths, English, Physics, Physical Education, Science, Music, …

    Self Introduction: Marital status

    Questions: What is your marital status?

    Are you married?

    Do you have a boyfriend/ girlfriend?

    Answers:

    • I’m married/ single/ engaged/ divorced.
    • I’m not seeing/ dating anyone.
    • I’m not ready for a serious relationship.
    • I’m going out with a … (someone)
    • I’m in a relationship./ I’m in an open relationship.
    • It’s complicated.
    • I have a boyfriend/ girlfriend/ lover/ …
    • I’m in love with … (someone)
    • I’m going through a divorce.
    • I have a husband/ wife.
    • I’m a happily married man/ woman.
    • I have a happy/ unhappy marriage.
    • My wife/ husband and I, we’re separated.
    • I am available.
    • I haven’t found what I’m looking for.
    • I’m ready for a rebound relationship.
    • I’m a widow/ widower.
    • I’m still looking for the one.
    • I (don’t) have … (number) children.

    Introduce Yourself: Others

    • I’ve got a … (pet)
    • I am a … person/ I’m … (character & personality)
    • My best quality is … (character & personality)
    • My best friend’s name is …
    • I (don’t) have … (number) international friends.
    • My dream is …

    Character & Personality for self introduction: brave, calm, gentle, courteous, creative, hard-working, rude, unfriendly, unreliable, lazy, stingy, insensitive, …

    Petsdog, puppy, mouse, rabbit, cat, goldfish, …

Komentar